LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO FIT IN?
Capistrano Valley Christian Schools is looking for you! We know how hard it can be to feel at home in a new school. Our community welcomes newcomers. The students here are a diverse group of young men and women.
Approximately 22% of our high school student body is from countries other than the US. More than ten countries are typically represented on campus such as Japan, Ethiopia, Austria, Switzerland, South Korea, China, Nigeria, Vietnam, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Cayman Islands and Germany. International students study in our junior high and high school. We are authorized to issue Form I-20 to students with an F-1 Visa.
Last year’s international students were accepted to:
- University of Irvine
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Colorado
- University of Iowa
- University of La Verne
- San Diego State University
- Syracuse University
- Emory University
- New York University
- Purdue University
- Rutgers University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Northeastern University
- Biola University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of Washington
- Syracuse University
- California State University, East Bay
- University of Denver
- University of Illinois, Urbana
- University of Missouri, Saint Louis
- Penn State
- Irvine Valley College
• Our English Language Development (ELD)/SDAIE courses help you improve your academic English so you can succeed and have the foundation necessary for college course work.
• ELD courses include Bible SDAIE, English SDAIE, US History SDAIE, Intermediate Reading and Writing, and TOEFL Preparation.
• ELD may be mandatory for students who test below requirements as well as have intermediate scores on writing assessments. The iTEP core exam and math placement tests will be given during new student orientation.
Students currently have ten Advanced Placement courses to select from if they are qualified and receive a recommendation from their teacher. These classes earn college credit and can increase a student’s GPA higher than a 4.0.
• CVCS teachers are eager to help you succeed
• High School students use interactive laptops for all note-taking and assignments for their classes
• Teachers present material in class using Promethean “Smart” boards
• Many students participate in sports and/or fine arts or are involved in activities outside of class including clubs and Musical Theatre
• Learn about the Bible and Christian beliefs in class and chapel
• CVCS is in San Juan Capistrano, California, a city with history related to the nearby Spanish mission
• The beautiful, sunny beach, Dana Point, is only a ten-minute drive from school
• The train station, shops, and restaurants are a block away
• CVCS is one hour south of Los Angeles and one hour north of San Diego
You can enjoy the supportive environment of living with an American family. Many of our host families have their own domestic children attending our school. You will have: a private bedroom, 2 meals on weekdays, 3 meals on weekends, transportation to and from school, and the experience of living and learning our US culture.
Join a sports team, a club, or run for student leadership. High School is the perfect time to try out new experiences!
• Student Leadership Team (SLT)--Become a class President or other representative and plan school-wide events while learning people skills and leadership
• California Scholarship Federation (CSF)--with a 3.5 or higher GPA, become a member of this club and participate in service activities
• National Honors Society (NHS)--with a 3.5 or higher GPA, become a member of this club and participate in service activities.
• International Leadership Team--Plan our International Education Week Events, develop leadership skills, and help other international students get adjusted to school.