Natalie has done a tremendous job as a student athlete at CVCS with a 4.0 grade point average. Coach James Crawford commented, “We are thrilled for her as she will lead our lady eagles for the next two years, and I am looking forward to her growth as a leader both on and off the softball field.” “We believe that she will make an immediate impact for the GCU Antelopes over the next few years.”
Gleason’s accomplishments include:
- 2019 batted third for San Juan Hills as a freshman and led the team with a .425 average while tied for second in RBIs. This helped San Juan Hills achieve its deepest CIF run in school history.
- Threw a no hitter vs. Laguna Hills High in league play.
- Finished her 2020 campaign in Texas with a 275 ft grand slam and finished with a .475 average going 29-61, and a fall average of .475 going 29-61
- During COVID, she has used her time wisely to obtain multiple personal records. Using an eight-week weighted ball program, she took her fastball from 58 to 61mph and her screwball from 57 to 60mph.
- In limited 2020 summer action, she finished with a grand slam vs Ohana Tigers 16u Gold at the end of July.
- Additionally, Natalie works out in the weight room six days a week. Her squat max went from 245 to 300 lbs which helped propel her verified hitting distance from 270 to 318ft. Now her exit velocity has reached record new heights of 76 mph.