At CVCS, the intentional development of culture is one of the most important things we do. But building culture is not a formulaic exercise; it is a natural outpouring of the shared values of an institution. What makes our school an experience unlike any other is that our faculty, staff, parents and students have a widely shared set of values that create culture naturally as an outpouring of who we are. This common set of characteristics permeates every part of our operations, and the result is an environment that is radically and positively different.
At CVCS, we value:
- Christ – We are not legalistically pious, rather, we believe as it says in John 10:10 that Jesus offers a model for how to live and love with a beautiful combination of grace and truth.
- Relationships – Adults care about our students and invest in their lives not just as teachers, but as mentors. Students love their teachers, and the result is a deep sense of connection.
- Intelligent Curiosity – Our teachers and students are serious about learning, and enjoy the pursuit of understanding what is true and good across all curricula.
- Excellence – We care about doing our best in all elements of our programs. Being anything less than the best version of ourselves in academics, athletics, and the arts is not an option.
- Authenticity – Subtle or even overt pretention is not uncommon in the world today. Our community is uniquely comfortable, approachable, and down-to-earth.
- Positivity – Our community is a happy place with happy people. There is a general sense of joy that is noticeable in the attitudes of everyone from the front office to the classroom and everywhere in between.
- Enthusiasm – There is an incredible sense of energy on campus that is contagious across every grade level and program. We do things with passion at CVCS!
- Service – The people of CVCS care about others and embody a spirit of selflessness.
- Humility – We want to be the best at everything we do, but as Christians, we give glory to God for all good things. We exist to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- Fun – Learning, sports, the arts, and social life are meant to be enjoyed—CVCS is made up of fun people who create a truly warm and engaging environment!
- Risk-taking – We believe students are in the process of becoming who God has created them to be, and we see failure as one of the most valuable opportunities to grow in our humanity.
- Patience, Gentleness, and Kindness—These fruits of the spirit listed in Galatians 5 are attributes we aspire to embody in all our daily interactions.
- Balance – We are high achievers who aspire to (and achieve) elite performance in all disciplines, but we place an emphasis on balance so that students are not so stressed out that they don’t enjoy learning and don’t have time to enjoy being kids.