Required Immunizations for Entering JK/Kindergarten
California laws pertaining to incoming JK/Kindergarteners.
- California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Division 1, Chapter 4 - ALL children entering school in a California public or private school are required to be fully immunized prior to the first day of school.
- For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit the California Department of Public Health’s website at shotsforschool.org.
- SB 277 - became effective January 1, 2016. This law states that exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs, will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for school entry. Should your child require a waiver for medical purposes the school will need to receive a written letter, from a licensed physician (either an M.D. or a D.O.).
- For more information about SB 277, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at http://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/sb277faq/.
- Under California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Division 1, Chapter 4, Education Code 6040, your child will not be permitted to attend school as of September 6, 2017 (10 business days from the first day of school) unless he/she receives their appropriate immunizations for their age or a doctor’s note has been obtained, and such documentation is provided to the school.
Please drop off copies of your student's immunization card or doctor’s notes to the school office or bring in their yellow immunization card and we can make a copy for you. If you have any questions, please contact the school between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or email Mrs. Susan Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org