Capistrano Valley Christian Schools (CVCS) is looking for you! We know how hard it can be to feel at home in a new school. Our community welcomes newcomers. The students here are a diverse group of young men and women.
"The opportunities for international students at Capistrano Valley Christian Schools is beyond what you have at other private schools. The continuous love and support at CVCS is similar to a family. As soon as I transferred into CVCS I felt right at home with all of the support from the students, staff, and faculty."
Alex C 9th Grade International Student From China
Approximately 22% of our high school student body is from countries other than the US. More than ten countries are typically represented on campus such as:
International students study in our junior high and high school. We are authorized to issue Form I-20 to students with an F-1 Visa.
Welcome from the Director of International Students
Thank you for your interest in CVCS. I hope you and your family will consider visiting our and our vibrant community to see the CVCS difference for yourself. Campus visits for prospective international students and their families are available Monday-Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. Your visit will include a campus tour and time to speak with our International Students Director. Scheduling your tour ahead of your visit is preferred, but not required. To schedule a campus tour, please email me at email@example.com
CVCS teachers are eager to help you succeed
- High school students use interactive laptops for all note-taking and assignments for their classes
- Teachers present material in class using Promethean “Smart” boards
- Many students participate in sports and/or fine arts or are involved in activities outside of class including clubs and Musical Theatre
- Learn about the Bible and Christian beliefs in class and chapel
CVCS is in San Juan Capistrano, California, a city with history related to the nearby Spanish mission
- The beautiful, sunny beach, Dana Point, is only a ten-minute drive from school
- The train station, shops, and restaurants are a block away
- CVCS is one hour south of Los Angeles and one hour north of San Diego
You can enjoy the supportive environment of living with an American family. Many of our host families have their own domestic children attending our school. » Read more
You will have:
- a private bedroom
- two meals on weekdays
- three meals on weekends
- transportation to and from school
- the experience of living and learning our US culture
- Student Leadership Team (SLT)
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF) (3.5 or higher GPA required)
- National Honors Society (NHS) (3.5 or higher GPA required)
- International Leadership Team (ILT)
- ELD courses include:
- US History
- Intermediate Reading/Writing
Recent CVCS students were accepted to:
To ensure the safety of our students, CVCS has partnered with the Orange County Sheriff's Department to devise our safety protocols. Our campus is secured by several locked gates, which are further fortified by thick thorny plants. We have also installed state of the art security cameras across our campus and have hired a full-time armed security guard.