2020–2021 Dress Code Policy
Uniforms are available for purchase at Land's End
Students will adhere to the dress code at all times while on campus. Students will not be allowed in class if they are not in dress code. Teachers and/or administration will conduct enforcement of the dress code. Students and Dean of Students will be notified, in writing, of the violation and related consequences. Repeat violators will receive consequences that increase in length and severity, up to and including suspension from class, school and/or withdrawal or expulsion from CVCS.
It is the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian to assure that the student is in proper attire while at school and at all school activities and events.
Clothing must be clean and neat in appearance. Additional markings from pens, paint or other (permanent or temporary) is prohibited from being placed on clothing or on the skin.
BOYS AND GIRLS WARDROBE
Pants and Shorts
Khaki or Navy Blue only. Pants and shorts may be alternative brands from Land’s End as long as they are consistent with style and color.
- Pants, and shorts may not be oversized, baggy, sagging, torn, rolled, too tight, capri style, patterned or torn. Undergarments must not be visible.
- Blue jean pants are permitted on Fridays only and may not be oversized, baggy, sagging, torn, ripped, have holes, too tight, capri style, patterned or torn
- (Junior High Only) No jogger style pants.
- Blue jean shorts are not permitted.
- Shorts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- No cargo, lycra/stretch pants/yoga pants, leggings, or sweat pants are permitted.
Skirts and Skorts can be purchased only at Land’s End. They must be purchased in the appropriate size.
- Skirts/skorts must not be tight, torn, or rolled at the waist.
- Skirts/skorts may be deemed too short or too tight by teachers or administration and asked to change into pants or alternative clothing.
Shirts (Uniform and Undershirts)
All sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear MUST have a CVCS Logo and purchased from Land’s End or CVCS only. All non-CVCS sweaters & sweatshirts are not approved. CVCS athletic team sweaters or sweatshirts may also be worn.
- Uniform shirts or solid white, gray, cardinal or navy T-shirts must be worn under sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear.
- Sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear must remain on all day if a student is wearing a non-uniform shirt underneath.
- Hoods are not to be worn indoors.
- Girls: Tights/Leggings under a skirt/skort must be solid white, navy, or black. Fishnet stockings and thigh high socks are not permitted.
- (Elementary Only) Socks must be solid white, navy, gray, or CVCS logo socks.
Wearing hats during normal school hours is not permitted. This includes beanies, stocking hats, and baseball-style caps, and hoods.
All hairstyles are to be neat, clean and of natural color. Unbecoming, bizarre or distracting hairstyles and/or colors will not be permitted. In case of questionable styles, school administrators have the discretion to determine what is appropriate.
- Boys: Hair may only extend to mid-ear on the sides, above the eyebrows in front, above the collar in back and may not be more than 3” in length. Hair must be styled neatly and combed properly while on campus.
- Girls: No extreme hair colors (purple, pink, blue, green, etc.)
All male students must be clean-shaven. Sideburns may not extend below the bottom of the ear, and be neatly trimmed. Failure to comply with such requests may result in consequences.
(High School Only) Students may have facial hair and sideburns, as long as it is kept neat and groomed. The administration has the discretion to apply grooming standards if necessary.
Male students may not wear earrings or ear studs during school hours. If male students have their ears pierced, they MUST be covered during school hours. For all students, body-piercing objects are not to be seen including nose, tongue and belly rings, etc. Markings, tattoos (permanent or temporary) must be covered. Accessories that the administration determines as inappropriate (at their discretion) are not permitted.
Belts are not mandatory. Belts must be of appropriate style, length and color to the uniform. No oversized belt buckles, inappropriate designs or logos. Belts (and pants) must be worn at the natural waist.
- Elementary Students are NOT allowed to wear make-up.
- Girls: Make-up, if worn, must be in good taste. Excessive make-up and/or extreme colors are not permitted.
- Boys: Are not permitted to wear make-up.
Shoes must be in neat condition, closed at the toe, a hard rubber sole on the bottom and have a backing on the heel.
- No sandals, flip flops, sliders, slippers, moccasins, thigh high boots, or platforms are permitted.
- Heels more than 2” are not permitted.
Free Dress/Political Attire/Inappropriate Slogans and Images
There will be no inappropriate slogans or images of drugs, alcohol or politically motivated clothing, hats, or other items with anything that may be deemed offensive or create an environment that may be unsafe. Dress code violations are up to the discretion of the administration.
Free Dress: At the discretion of the Administration for on and off campus activities and events
- No leggings and yoga pants (elementary and junior high )
- Leggings and yoga pants are ok high school (navy, black and charcoal color only)
- No jeans with rips or tears
- No jeans that are sagging or too tight
- No low cut or revealing tops
- No midriffs
- No inappropriate slogans
- All clothing must be free of holes of any kind
- All shorts must be at mid palm in length
- All skirts and dresses must be an appropriate length (4 fingers above the knee cap)
- All students must wear closed-toed shoes unless otherwise stated
- On campus no spaghetti straps or strapless tops
- On campus there is to be no loungewear or pajamas
* All dress code guidelines are up to the discretion of the CVCS staff and subject to change.*
Any CVCS T-shirts purchased through CVCS SLT, performing arts, etc. are to be worn only on approved days designated by the school administration. Any sleeved CVCS shirt will be permitted on Fridays only.
CVCS Athletic Team Wear
Athletic team “gameday attire” must be approved by the Athletic Director and School Principal. All team members must wear the same game day attire on game days only (Friday for Saturday games) and noticeably look as part of the team. JEANS ARE NOT PERMITTED as part of game day attire.
Gang Related Attire
Any items of clothing, jewelry or markings that appear to be gang-related are not permitted and will be investigated.