Dress Code Policy
Uniforms are available for purchase at Land's End
Students must adhere to the dress code at all times while on campus. It is the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian to assure that the student is in proper attire while at school and at all school activities and events.
Clothing must be clean and neat in appearance. Additional markings from pens, paint or other (permanent or temporary) is prohibited from being placed on clothing or on the skin.
- Pants and Shorts
- Shirts (Uniform and Undershirts)
- Free Dress/Political Attire/Inappropriate Slogans and Images
- Free Dress
- CVCS T-Shirts
- CVCS Athletic Team Wear
- Gang Related Attire
Khaki or Navy Blue only. Pants and shorts may be alternative brands from Land’s End as long as they are consistent with style and color.
- Pants, and shorts may not be oversized, baggy, sagging, torn, rolled, too tight, capri style, patterned or torn. Undergarments must not be visible.
- Blue jean pants are permitted on Fridays only and may not be oversized, baggy, sagging, torn, ripped, have holes, too tight, capri style, patterned or torn
- (Junior High Only) No jogger style pants.
- Blue jean shorts are not permitted.
- Shorts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- No cargo, lycra/stretch pants/yoga pants, leggings, or sweat pants are permitted.
Skirts and Skorts can be purchased only at Land’s End. They must be purchased in the appropriate size.
- Skirts/skorts must not be tight, torn, or rolled at the waist.
- Skirts/skorts may be deemed too short or too tight by teachers or administration and asked to change into pants or alternative clothing.
All sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear MUST have a CVCS Logo and purchased from Land’s End or CVCS only. All non-CVCS sweaters & sweatshirts are not approved. CVCS athletic team sweaters or sweatshirts may also be worn.
- Uniform shirts or solid white, gray, cardinal or navy T-shirts must be worn under sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear.
- Sweaters/sweatshirts/outerwear must remain on all day if a student is wearing a non-uniform shirt underneath.
- Hoods are not to be worn indoors.
All hairstyles are to be neat, clean and of natural color. Unbecoming, bizarre or distracting hairstyles and/or colors will not be permitted. In case of questionable styles, school administrators have the discretion to determine what is appropriate.
- Boys: Hair may only extend to mid-ear on the sides, above the eyebrows in front, above the collar in back and may not be more than 3” in length. Hair must be styled neatly and combed properly while on campus.
- Girls: No extreme hair colors (purple, pink, blue, green, etc.)
All male students must be clean-shaven. Sideburns may not extend below the bottom of the ear, and be neatly trimmed. Failure to comply with such requests may result in consequences.
(High School Only) Students may have facial hair and sideburns, as long as it is kept neat and groomed. The administration has the discretion to apply grooming standards if necessary.
Male students may not wear earrings or ear studs during school hours. If male students have their ears pierced, they MUST be covered during school hours. For all students, body-piercing objects are not to be seen including nose, tongue and belly rings, etc. Markings, tattoos (permanent or temporary) must be covered. Accessories that the administration determines as inappropriate (at their discretion) are not permitted.
At the discretion of the Administration for on and off campus activities and events
- No leggings and yoga pants (elementary and junior high )
- Leggings and yoga pants are ok high school (navy, black and charcoal color only)
- No jeans with rips or tears
- No jeans that are sagging or too tight
- No low cut or revealing tops
- No midriffs
- No inappropriate slogans
- All clothing must be free of holes of any kind
- All shorts must be at mid palm in length
- All skirts and dresses must be an appropriate length (4 fingers above the knee cap)
- All students must wear closed-toed shoes unless otherwise stated
- On campus no spaghetti straps or strapless tops
- On campus there is to be no loungewear or pajamas
* All dress code guidelines are up to the discretion of the CVCS staff and subject to change.*
A student is expected to be “in class, on time.” This is both a legal requirement and in the best interest of the student’s academic and personal development. Being “in class, on time” is the CVCS standard for personal responsibility and consideration of other students and teachers. Each CVCS student and parent is responsible for understanding and complying with all of the attendance policies included in this handbook.
Call the attendance number or email attendance the morning of the absence before 9:00 a.m. If your student is absent consecutive days, call or email each morning until he/she returns. Please send in doctors notes, or proof of absence every time it is available. Notification provided after the fact must be made within three days of the absence or the absence will remain unexcused.
Please report absences to CVCS via:
- School Attendance Line: 949-373-2828
- School Attendance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Excused” absences per California State Education Code 48205 are:
- Illness or other physical disability
- Cannot return to school until after 24 hours of being fever/throw up/rash free
- Fever must be under 100.4 and must be 24 hours free of fever reducing medication.
- Must be 24 hours of the last time thrown up.
- Must be 24 hours symptom free of any of the COVID-19 related symptoms
- Students who exhibit symptoms but feel well enough to participate in class will be able to connect to the classroom remotely. In this case, the excused absence will not be counted against their total absences.
- Must be free of a rash or provide doctor’s clearance.
- Must have home or professional treatment of lice before returning to school.
- Health department quarantine (14 days from the time of diagnosis)
In an effort to instill biblical values and create a more loving environment, our school has adopted this policy. From time to time, conflict can occur. Capistrano Valley Christian Schools realizes that while bullying may occur, it is never acceptable. We have zero tolerance for such conduct and consistent with this policy a true violation will result in appropriate disciplinary action. We seek to implement a clear framework for dealing with bullying incidents in order to protect our students and help the bully to learn how to relate in a way that is in line with biblical standards.
As part of our health and wellness initiative, CVCS maintains a mandatory drug testing policy for all high school students. All high school students are required to undergo an annual hair test administered by a certified staff member at the beginning of each school year. Student-specific results from the inaugural round of testing are sent directly and exclusively to parents. CVCS administrators will neither receive nor have access to these student-specific results but will receive aggregate drug-use information. Additionally, random testing occurs throughout the school year.